Tuesday 30 October 2012

Lamp Shade Design........For art Lover Fashion Students

 
This project was inspired by a vintage lamp that I spotted one day while I was getting my browse on. It is a super simple project that requires only a lamp shade (duh), yarn (double duh), scissors and not much explanation. I used four colours of yarn in a random pattern but you could use just one or even multiple colours but arranged in a colour blocked pattern.

 
 

To start wrapping your yarn, secure it on the inside of your lampshade with a few knots. Here are a few in progress shots to show you what my shade looked like as I added more colours.

 
 
 


Once you have completely covered your shade, stick it on the lamp base of your choice, put a ceramic kitty beside it (optional) and enjoy!

 
I hope you fellow yarn lovers enjoyed this idea! Let me know if you try it out yourself!

Noor.

No comments:

Post a Comment